Saturday 17 May 2008

Using up my Scraps

Last night I was in the "zone" . The creative juices were just flowing. I love water colouring with inks. This is something new I just learned how to do last week. Here are a few cards I created using this technique. With this card I inked the stamp image with my Stampin Up Markers. Then I sprayed a very light mist of water onto the stamp holding it about 5 inches away. I then stamped it onto water colouring paper. It gives such a soft effect to the stamped image. Here is the link for misting, http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/misting_with_markers/ The next images I stamped using black Stazon Ink onto SU watercolour papers. Stazon ink will not bleed when others inks and water are applied to it. I then trace the inside with my SU makers. After I was all done my tracing I took my aqua painter from Stampin Up and lighty blended my colours. You can create many different shading doing this technique. All the stamped images and cardstock used on these cards are Stampin Up. Pattern papers were various scraps from different companies.

No comments: